COOK UP A BETTER FUTURE
Let's promote ingredients that are sustainable, biodiverse and respectful of the planet – and tasty!
How can we fight climate change in the kitchen?
The answer is simple:
by choosing food grown sustainably, food that would otherwise go to waste, food that represents the enormous heritage of agricultural biodiversity which small-scale farmers preserve.
Join Slow Food in promoting a sustainable menu!
Let’s work together to celebrate a good, clean and fair food for all!
The future is now!
Together, we can reduce our impact on the environment and celebrate good, clean and fair food!
Take action to fight climate change, starting from November 6: Let’s cook up a better future, with as little environmental impact as possible!
Ingredients for a climate-friendly menu!
- Choose biodiversity and low impact ingredients (e.g. beans, local cereal varieties, seasonal fruits and vegetables) – what Ark of Taste or Slow Food Presidia products are made near you?
- Reduce, reuse, recycle: cut food waste wherever possible, by planning better, storing leftovers, and eating what you have before buying more food.
- Eat less meat, but of better quality.
1. About a week before November 6, let everyone know that you’re participating in the challenge and join forces with Slow Food. Announce what you’re going to do on Novmber 6. Organize an event to reach new people by promoting it in the local press, in your community, in your restaurant, on your websites and social media channels.
2. On Novmber 6, 2017, launch your initiative on your website, social media, with videos and photos. Invite the local press!
3. Send us your climate friendly recipes (email@example.com)
4. Keep the momentum going! Promote your initiative and let us know about it.